Monday, August 28, 2006

Thoughts: Dan Brown's Angels and Demons

So I finally finished Angels and Demons last night. It took me longer to finish than most books as it was hard for me to get into. Overall I was disappointed because I enjoyed The Davinci Code. Angels and Demons lacked quality character structure and the plot moved along too slow. Without giving away anything to the story, the ending had some rather ridiculous events that made me say "alrighty then" in Jim Carrey's Ace Ventura voice. After two books, I'd say Dan Brown is a mediocre author, by no means a Stephen King or R.A. Salvatore.

Next up is The Caddie, by Michael Vernon. I've been looking forward to this one - two passions of mine come together, golf and literature.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you need to post more and drop me an email for a change. :)

Curtis