Saturday, December 16, 2006

EJ Henderson's Hard Work Pays Off

EJ Henderson, the Vikings leading tackler this season with 108 so far, signed a five-year deal on Friday worth more than $25 Million.

Henderson was set to hit the unrestricted free-agent market this off-season but got his wish instead - to stay in Minnesota, a place he now loves and wants to continue to play for.

Henderson is a pivotal part of a resurging Defense for the Vikings and now anchors a linebacker corps that was in recent history, the team’s downfall on that side of the ball.

"It feels good to have the Vikings show their confidence in me by making this kind of commitment," Henderson told the Vikings' website. "I feel good about this team and where we are going. It's good to know I will be here for the next several years, and hopefully I end my career as a Viking."

No comments: