Thursday, May 28, 2009

Late Night Recap for Thursday, May 28, 2009

Things were rather quiet in sports and gaming today. I spent the day at the Minneapolis Convention Center for a VMware forum. Pretty informative for those of the IT ilk. I must say, after attending E3 at the LA Convention Center a couple of times and now finally seeing the Minneapolis Convention center, we could easily host E3 here. I'm sure the staff over at Game Informer would love that.


Gaming Five
- Rock Band gets Iron Maiden DLC. Best DLC ever!
- Xbox 360 sales top 30 million. Over 20 million users on Xbox Live!
- Old school Punch-Out!! or Wii Punch-Out!! Which one wins the battle?
- Here's a behind the scenes look at E3 2009 during the setup.
- Fight Night Round 4 demo is now available on Xbox Live.

Sports Five
- Morten Andersen a first ballot Hall of Famer. But I'll always remember (and detest) you for making a field goal in January of 1998 that you never should've gotten to kick!
- ESPN Headline: Brady throws, stretches in light rain. What's next? Brady takes a leak in the urinal? Give me a break!
- What the hell happened to the Rays? They get swept by.....the Indians?
- The Broncos released JJ Arrington. What can I say, it's a slow news day.
- Four players ejected in today's Twins/Red Sox game. Dome traffic also delayed my bus ride home.

No comments: