Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Feeling Minnesota

It has been a while since I blogged last. I'm actively working on a short story now so I thought it would be a good time to come here and clear my mind. Writing fiction can take its toll on one's mind and to me; writing about sports, vids, and other "inferior" topics seems to help keep me sane.

The title of this post comes from the good feelings I'm getting here in Minnesota right now. All week long the temps have been in the 70's as our wonderful Spring continues here in the Land of 10,00 Lakes. Since it has been a while since I blogged regularly, I thought I would just babble on about some random thoughts to catch things up.

Sports Thoughts
    • The Twins opened up the baseball season going a dismal 1-5 in the first week. The entire week was spent on the road and thankfully, in last night's home opener, the Twins conjured up their second win. As I write this tonight, Justin Morneau just hit a three-run bomb in the bottom of the third to give the Twins a 4-3 lead over the A's. Morneau's bat is a major key to the Twins having success this year and so far, he's hitting the long ball as hoped.
    • The Timberwolves are diseased and have mailed it in the rest of the year. Sitting KG and Davis is a clear indication of that. Here's hoping we get a high pick out of the lottery, God knows the Wolves need all the help they can get.
    • The NFL draft is fast approaching and I plan on putting together an actual Purple Pride Ponderings before and one sometime after the draft.
    • I finally got out and hit a bucket of balls at the lovely Chaska Town Course today. It felt good to get out there despite my erratic nature off the tee. I had the opportunity to get out with my 11 year old son and after watching him, I wish I had his swing!
Gaming Thoughts
  • I'm still playing World of Warcraft in small doses. My Mage is now a level 33 and I finally picked up a headset and played over teamspeak with a buddy of mine. Sure beats having to stop and type, nothing like just talking your way through an instance or random quest. I do intend on writing up my World of Warcraft Wednesdays again and will do so a week from today.
  • The May issue of Game Informer has a cover story on an interesting Nintendo Revolution launch title called Red Steel. The game is being developed by Ubisoft and GI promises an 11 page blowout of the game complete with screenshots. This is the first time an actual game for the Revolution has been shown. The game promises to make use of the Revolution's unique controller, mixing in both gun and sword play in ways only ever imagined before. Apparently this game will be very violent as it pits the gamer against the Japanese Yakuza. I'm getting more and more excited for Nintendo's new system everyday.
  • Not sure about the credibility of this site, but here's a story on the Sony Playstation 3, and they claim it's far from complete.
That's all I care to write up tonight. On the book side of things, I'm currently over half way done with the Da Vinci Code and I'm loving it so far. This is my first time reading Dan Brown and I plan on reading Angels and Demons next. Can't wait to see Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon, should be good stuff indeed.

No comments: