Sunday, April 23, 2006

Finished The Da Vinci Code

Just finished up reading Dan Brown's controversial (heh, whatever) book The Da Vinci Code. Overall it was a very well done book that kept me interested the entire way through. I am however, a little disappointed with the ending. I get it, don't get me wrong, it's just that I wish there was something bigger that would have transpired in the end after such a wonderful trip through an alternate reality of Christianity.

This brings me to the topic of religious zealots that ban, picket, and dismember this book. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and remember that this is just a fiction book. I could careless if Mr. Brown takes what he wrote for gospel or not. What I got out of the book was a good read and that's all I ask for when reading fiction. I am very much a Christian man and I was never appalled by this book because I read it with the right frame of mind.

Now that I've read the book, I can't wait to see the movie. I am very intrigued by the cast (Hanks is always solid) and have faith that Ron Howard directed yet another masterpiece. Of course now that I've finished The Da Vinci Code, I was looking forward to the follow up novel that was due out this fall, but unfortunately, it has been delayed.

Oh well, I have plenty of other books that require my attention, to include all of Dan Brown's other work. I picked up Angels and Demons the other day so I mine as well dig into that one next.

No comments: