Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Childress denies Favre dealine, wants him if healthy

If there's a team in the NFL that can turn the sport into a tennis match during the off season, it's the Minnesota Vikings. Brad Childress finally jumped on KFAN this morning to publicly address the situation. You can get the podcast from this mornings Powertrip Morning show here: Childress on Favre

I'm glad to see that he's putting this on hold and giving Favre enough time to recover from last month's surgery. He addressed a question about how Sage and TJack are handling the situation stating, "I'm not worried about their reaction." A pretty bold statement, but he did follow up with this:

"I've talked with Sage and Tarvaris," Childress said. "They're competitors. Do they like any of the conversation? Absolutely not. But they know this: I'm charged with adding and subtracting players from this team to make us better. Every day when I walk into this office, there's not a day that I don't try to look and see if we can't get better at some position. If this is going to make us better down the road, and if this has got a chance to happen, I'm going to take care of the Minnesota Vikings."

It's nice to finally hear him admit that if healthy, he wants Favre. So now we are back to waiting, but at least we now know where the coach and team stand. It's all up to how Favre's recovery goes now.

No comments: