Monday, January 16, 2006

NFL Divisional Playoffs Thoughts


Wow, were there a few upsets this weekend or what? Starting with yesterday's game, the big surprise (well not to the Steeler faithful) was the Steelers knocking off the Colts. Several weeks ago the Lombardi Trophy alread had the Colts etched in it to most of the country. But, a coaches son's death and meaningless regular season games later, the Colts now find themselves wondering what happened, and what could have been. There were some bad calls in the game, one in particular that had to of pissed off every Steeler fan in the country. I'm sure those same Steeler fans had a heart attack during the Bettis fumble, only to be saved by Big Ben's tackle. Glad to see that another solid kicker can miss an all important field goal in a playoff game (us Vikings fans will never forgive Gary Anderson).

As for the Bears/Panthers game, that one was a case of "I told you so". I've thought the Bears' defense was overrated and boy did they prove that, and at home! Steve Smith single handedly tore that unit up. Note to Bears.....you still need a real quarterback.

The Seahawks won despite losing MVP Alexander early on. Not much to say about that game, it went as expected to me.

Now the Pats and Broncos on the other hand....wow, I really expected the Patriots to make that Super Bowl push again. I have not been giving the Broncos the credit they deserve all year, so now I will. Like Plummer said, you don't go 13-3 without being a damn good team.

So my Super Bowl prediction of the Pats and Bears went up in flames. As a matter of fact, I thought the AFC Championship game would be the Pats and Colts. Good thing I don't gamble, it would have been a horrible weekend for me.

So this is who I like in the Championship games:

I like the Broncos to win a close defensive battle at home, and the Seahawks to finally make it to the big game while defeating a very good Carolina team. I just don't see the Steelers and Panthers winning a third playoff game in a row on the road.

So there you have it, the Super Bowl I am predicting:

VS

Take it for what it's worth, I only picked one game right last week!

1 comment:

venomlace said...

Thanks for the link and the read pittcaleb.