Monday, January 30, 2006

Random Sports Thoughts

Well I haven't blogged in a while so I figured I should babble on about something.

Tiger Strikes Early

Tiger Woods played his first tournament of the season, after a long layoff from golf, and won in playoff fashion. Many doubted that Tiger would have an effect on the leaderboard since he was away from the game for so long but come on, this is Tiger we are talking about! That's like anyone saying that Michael Jordan wouldn't be a factor after his fathers death and stint at playing baseball. Three more NBA Championships later............

Timberwolves/Celtics Deal

When the big deal that dealt Wally World and Kandi man to the Celtics for Ricky Davis and Mark Blount (among others) took place last week, I was furious. But, after watching these guys come in and revitalize the Wolves with a new found energy, I'm starting to change my mind. Ironically the Wolves drilled the Celtics tonight 110-85 at the Target Center with Wally leading the Celtics (22 points). The only thing that I feel will hurt the Wolves in this deal now is the loss of another 1st round draft pick. Only time will tell, I just hope there isn't another deal in the works that moves KG out of here as it's rumored everywhere you read.

Superbowl XL

Still not ready to make a pick for this game. This is one heck of a matchup and it might take me till Saturday to finally decide. I will say that I'm ready for this game to kick off (even though I have to work during it!!!). All the hoopla leading up to game is getting on my nerves and annoying Steeler fans think this one is wrapped up already. Even the media seems to be spending more time talking about the Steelers than they do the Seahawks.

That's it for now, not much but it's something. Maybe I'll work on a Vikings update for tomorrow, maybe.

No comments: